Friday, October 4, 2013

Lived here ten years?

Okay, now Esther is saying she's lived here for ten years, I can not dispute that, although in a current meeting she did say two, but that is neither here nor there. Fact is, she states she's lived here ten years, and NOW wants to be the president. TEN YEARS and never been on a single committee, has never run for any office, and really has no idea of how to run UCO. Sure, she can get the advice of her friends, Olga, Ed, and Mr. "Don't take my picture" Jerry. They are such good examples. They accused me of disrupting their little meeting when in fact I was there to take pictures for the Reporter. They're little hissie-fit about someone taking pictures for a newspaper was seriously out of order. IT WAS PUBLICIZED AS A PUBLIC MEETING on THEIR OWN BLOG!!!! of course that has been removed now, but it matters not.

FACT: The United States Bill of Rights, Ratified on December 15, 1791 states:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the FREEDOM OF SPEECH, OR OF THE PRESS. or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

My rights were violated this morning.

For Ed Grossman to suggest that I take pictures using HIS camera "so we have control" is not only ridiculous, it is un-American. This is not Nazi Germany, This is not Communist Russia or Cuba. This is AMERICA. No one has to right to control what pictures I take, nor of whom.

Jerry was up at the stage making faces, smirking and pointing at me like a 6 year old. Well they say you revert to your childhood when you get older... you looked silly Jerry.

Surprisingly, the only one NOT saying anything about my photography was the one I thought would be the most vocal. Olga, I salute your restraint at what I am sure you knew was wrong. (did I just say that?)

You get up to speak, you get your picture taken. Whether or not it gets used in the paper is up to me and my editors. It is one of those freedoms many gave their lives for.
News is news, and if you are part of the news, then so be it.

Esther, during her official announcement to seek the office of President of UCO, mentioned serving as her condo president and being the "chairman of the English Department" and "16 years as principal" at her school in Queens.  According to ratemyteachers.com/esther-sutofsky/232039-tshe has 5 ratings of 80% or higher and 2 of just 20%.  can't please everybody, not even at Solomon Schechter School of Queens which By the way, it has her listed as a counselor. But she did say she worked at another school, maybe she was principal there.

I did love Esther's comment, and I quote "I don't think UCO committees are worth anything. They accomplish a nice round..."(and she made a zero with her hand).
But to be fair, she did attempt to take it back after she realized what she had said... too late for those that were listening. Now we know why she has never served on any committees. This is a MAJOR insult to all the hard working people that work on these committees. (my opinion).

It is so amazing as well as amusing how during a Delegate Assembly meeting, Ed Grossman, Jerry Karpf, Olga Wolkenstein and Myron Solomon can go and make all sorts of disturbances with their theatrics and not think they are causing a disturbance, and yet my mere presence was considered a disturbance.

I went to the meeting to do a job, voice my questions and hoped to hear an answer that would make sense. Nope, didn't happen. I am called a trojan horse, being called out as being disruptive, and I didn't even have to raise my voice. Wow.   Let's see how it goes in the morning.
By the way, don't want your picture taken? Turn your head, or wear your make-up.
All this fuss about my taking pictures is just personal issues that don't concern me. You don't like me, so you don't me taking your picture. Shame. If it's Howie or Ken it's okay. But me, oh that's not kosher.

See you all in the morning.



4 comments:

  1. Esther made a comment that I am harping on the years she's lived here.... honestly, I would have thought better of you if you HAD been here only two, but as I said before, it's neither here nor there. I shall repeat that, because she may have missed it again, it's neither here nor there.... you've been here ten years and have done NOTHING and now think you deserve to be president. (excuse me for a sec.....okay I am back, was laugh so hard, I had to stop and catch my breath).
    There are many here that have done so much more. that value the committees opinion, may not always agree, but value just the same.
    People are waiting for the decision on the amendment today, to speak out for or against our non resident Treasurer but the fact is, there is already a residency requirement in the by-laws. They are being violated and ignored by some of the other officers and they need to be held accountable.
    TETRO has no right to hold office in UCO. Nor would any other officer that moved to their "winter home" a few thousand YARDS up the road.
    People, don't be fooled by their imagined loophole....there is no loophole if you don't live here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the Executive Board meeting a few days ago, I saw and heard Esther for the first time. Without a UCO service record, I don't know why anyone would choose her for president. I have lived in CV for 42 years (with a 10-year absence when I moved a "few yards up the road"). I am back now for a year and a half on a year-round basis. In the past I have been a UCO VP, served on almost all committees and chaired some, been on the Executive Board and have been a typesetter for the Reporter. All of this was during the 80's and 90's and I have attended a lot of meetings during my return learning how things have changed. With all of my experience background, I would not take on the presidency because it requires much more knowledge and expertise . I'll run for the Board and if it isn't a popularity contest, I may stand a chance.
    Ruth Bernhard-Dreiss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruth, I am sure you would be a welcome addition to UCO. It sounds like you have not only the desire, but the experience needed on the board.I hope you are going to run.

      Delete
  3. At the Executive Board meeting, I distinctly heard Esther say two, now its ten. good for her. I am not harping on it as you so eloquently put it, I am letting you know what I am others heard. Neither here nor there. I have only lived here for a little over two. My mom has been here a long time, and I have been visiting here for many years. Again, neither here nor there. Although in two, I've been a hell of a lot more involved.
    One minute it's "let's sit down and talk", the next it's "oh poor bob".
    You are the one running for President with a platform of 'vote for me and dump dave'. You've hitched your wagon with the biggest bunch of dissidents in the village.
    Of course now Olga will say she takes that as a compliment which only means one thing, I must not have said it the right way, because it is not meant to be a compliment. Just the truth. maybe she'll compare herself to Sakarov this time...whatever. Point is, unless HER friends are in office, she won't be happy.
    I placed my little electronic sign on my balcony and she was QUICK to point out that MY bylaws says I can't have it on my porch, and how I am violating my bylaws, but yet she can have a crudely hand scribbled sign on the OUTSIDE of her building under her window reminiscent of the old 'rent strike' signs of the 60's and 70's in NYC. She supports violating UCO bylaws by supporting a NON-resident in office. And obviously Esther supports violating UCO bylaws, as do Phyllis and Marilyn.
    While I think the work Phyllis and Marilyn have done is commendable, in the case of the faux-treasurer they are wrong.
    I understand the feelings of supporting a friend, but there comes a time when supporting a friend that is in the wrong, the friendship should take a backseat to what is right. Marilyn, I considered a friend, but her support of the faux-treasurer is misplaced.
    I am coming out and saying exactly what people won't say to your face. It may hurt a little at first, but a friend will tell you the truth when no one else will. Trust has gone, anything said in the office is said in whispers. Tension? Why? it's obvious, isn't it?
    One of the things I pride myself on is honesty. If you don't want to hear the truth, don't ask the question.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to say what you want, just try to be civil and sign your name. Say it, claim it, or I may delete it.