Monday, August 17, 2015

comments on some stuff.

As I read the totally idiotic comments or eulogy written for Ed Black, it occurs to me, that every time someone does something perceived as wrong in any way in UCO, this particular person always calls for the removal or resignation of the one that offends her. At that rate there would be none left to run UCO, but is that actually the objective of this person? Get everyone out, so she could become the ever self important person she perceives herself to be. There is a term for that. Narcissism.
I may not agree with everything Ed does, but I respect his commitment to the village and its residents. Should the malcontent faction ever manage to take over this village, they will immediately remove Ed and his expertise, then we can go back to 1973. Who knows, maybe they'll bring back the tram throughout the village again. Whoohoo! Oh, but that might mean going back to paying for rides around the village... And the only store you'd have access to is Publix. Like they don't overcharge the residents as it is.
The criticism of many of UCO's people and officers comes mainly from those that THINK they know, but actually haven't a clue. They call the Reporter a rag, but in fact the trash they write, is nothing but rehashed blog entries. They don't publish who writes their trash, because a third of it is liable and they could be personally sued.
They criticized renters that work for UCO and claim they sit on committees or run them, but have a renter as their editor of the bird dropping catcher they say they publish. They collect advertising fees but I wonder how they manage to sell anything as they obviously don't actually publish anything on paper, not that I have ever seen... If I advertised with them, I would demand my money back. They must tell the advertisers that they distribute throughout the village, when we know, that is a lie. I wonder what their advertisers would think if they knew?

6 comments:

  1. I actually finally saw a "hard"copy of the latest toilet paper they call messenger, and have come to the same conclusion many others have, most of the writers of that birdcage manure catcher aren't qualified to squeeze a pimple on Ed Black's rear end, let alone do one fourth the work he does for UCO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched the video of the Delegate Assembly and the Executive Board meeting on Dave Israel's blog and was impressed in both instances with the grasp Ed Black had of Security matters and his ability to answer questions on the subject. At the Delegate Assembly at the conclusion of Ed's presentation, Ed Grossman leveled a barrage of several questions at Ed Black in rapid-fire fashion. Unfazed and patient, Black said he only wished Grossman had asked him the questions one at a time, so he could have answered them one at a time, which Grossman then began to do. And then one after another, Black succinctly answered all of Grossman's questions and "charges"--to the point that Grossman acknowledged he had been answered well.

    I have no idea what the latest badmouthing of Ed Black was on one of the "other" blogs, but when I see him heading the Security team's affairs so competently--only the latest of a thousand ways Ed Black has helped here in Century Village--I thank my lucky stars we have him. Criticism is so cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The problem is that someone is questioning Ed's experience with Security when that person (OLGA) has absolutely no experience in security issues other than complaining about issues that a flea would know more about.
    Like I said before, I don't always agree with Ed, but show me someone more capable or shut up.
    For the record, I did not agree with Ed's policy on channel 63 that caused John and Kitty resignation, and they are sorely missed in that position.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So that's it. I feel sorry for Ed. There are times when you do your level best at something and come up short. In this case it was Kent Security. I remember the time the Security Committee put into acquiring them. It looked like a good decision; it just didn't turn out to be one, but nobody could foresee the difficulties that arose. This the time when we should be supporting those like Ed, who lead in the decision-making, not vilifying them. For my part, kudos to Ed for sticking it out, and now for going right at it again to find another security company.

    For what it is worth, I know from experience in another FL community how difficult it is to find a good security company and a good maintenance company. They all sound great at first, and at first their performance may be great (though I guess that wasn't the case with Kent); then they falter and the community needs to replace them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had been reading all the blogs,, but I just can't hang when it comes to Esther's. It usually starts out with something going on around the world, this country or that mistreating the Jewish people, and I feel it is something that the world should never let happen again. Then somehow it turns into rants about David Israel. Personally, I never knew David had such influence on world affairs. The latest I read concerned the current president of the USA which she failed to mention by name, (it's Obama) and his failings as president of the country (and here I thought she was a democrat). Yet Obama's failings somehow turned into David Israel's failings....wait....HUH? Is Obama and David the new Chang and Eng? I wouldn't think so. I am not, nor never have been a fan of the community organizer turned US president, and our standing in the world go very long in proving why, but to take David and suddenly make it sound as if he is responsible for all that is wrong in the US and the village is just ridiculous. Yes, David worked for the NSA, key word: WORKED. Just because someone work for a government agency, doesn't mean they did everything that agency is involved in. Did everyone that ever worked in the post office open mail and take cash sent? Did every sailor that pulled into a port get drunk? (well maybe that was not a great example, but I didn't...) Is every policemen on the take? If you answer yes to any of these questions, then have a nice long look in a mirror, go on....and call a bigot what they are. and add the word dumbass in front of it..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like your subtle sense of humor: "Personally, I never knew David had such influence on world affairs" and "Did every sailor that pulled into a port get drunk? (well maybe that was not a great example, but I didn't...)." Keep it up and we'll certify you as a native New Englander.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to say what you want, just try to be civil and sign your name. Say it, claim it, or I may delete it.