- No President or officer shall use their personal website for any UCO business. David's website does provide vital information for the village. It is not called David Israel's blog, just as your blog is not called Olga's blog or Gary's blog.
- Establish a UCO website for informational purpose only. see above.
- 2 – 2-year term limits for all UCO officers and executive board members. Presidential term limts is what you really want, at least that is what you wanted in the past, now you want to limit everyone? You won't get anyone to volunteer and those that do will have no clue of what to do. Term limits Bad idea. Your vote IS your term limit.
- No President, or officer of UCO shall sign any contract, budgeted or not over $1,000 without delegate approval. NOTHING would get done.
- In the event of an emergency, a special meeting of the delegates may be called with notices in the clubhouse, website and channel 63. If a quorum is not present, the majority vote prevails. I believe this is already in effect and always has been.
- Officers shall not vote on more than two committees. All committees shall be limited to two votes by any officer. This, I believe is stated incorrectly. They meet in the Officers meeting and have a vote, they attend the Executive board and vote again (THIS is where they should not have a vote, unless the vote ends in a tie, at which time the president or chairperson would be the tie-breaker).
- When a president violates a bylaw and is given written notice of said violation, he must correct the violation within 7 days. If a president violates three bylaws without correcting said violation, he is subject to removal of office by a majority vote of the delegate assembly.
- No resident of Century Village shall be a paid employee of UCO. You would be putting some of the guards out of work as UCO pays for the guards and many residents are guards. They would have to lose their jobs
- A forum shall be held each year for all candidates running in the UCO election. Not a bad idea,
- The chair of a committee shall be the sole person authorized to remove a member of his/her committee. The chairs picks 'em, the chair should have the choice, however, just the same, the President picks the chair and has the right to remove.
- A sitting President shall not have the authority to arbitrarily remove the chair of any committee without just cause. Unfortunately, this is Florida where anyone can be fired without cause.
- The UCO Reporter, shall be available to all residents within the guidelines of a professional news organization. It shall contain an op-ed column. OP-ED? The Reporter is fine as is right now. It has never been better. the suggestions by some to put all the ads in a separate section are ludicrous at best. If that is done, no one will advertise and the only money making entity in UCO will become nothing but a little newsletter like others around the village.
staff and officers. Discussion shall be limited to the operation of the UCO office. Voting of any business outside the parameters of the UCO office is prohibited
Why are you proposing limiting what can be discussed at a staff meeting? It is a STAFF meeting.