Thursday, February 5, 2015

Gary, Answer this...

Gary, I have one question for you. How can you write that you support signing your name to what is written, then turn around and publish the ignorant comments of "Edwardo"? He/she surely does not access to the functions at the Reporter and is writing whatever lies he/she wants. The fact that he/she even thinks that Joy Vestal consults with anyone other than her co-editor and staff shows that edwardo has NO CLUE.
Yes, there were some people, very hard working at one time, that were let go from the Reporter, but with good reason. If they want those reasons made public, I am sure it can be arranged, and I am sure the residents would not look upon them so favorably.
I left the paper a few months ago keeping only my monthly cartoon and as clearly seen in last months issue, it does not have immunity to being censored for practicality. I would have prefered it without the censor dot, but that may have offended some.  That is the job of an editor. To see something that should be changed in an article, picture or illustration and make the necessary changes without affecting the heart of the copy.
Edwardo obviously has no clue on the operation of a newspaper. and just the two editors, Joy and Myron combine for over eighty years experience, Joy alone for over fifty. Maybe he/she should stick to something he/she knows about, it is obviously not newspapers. Break out a mechanical pencil or an adding machine, it may be more suited to what you know, or not.

This is what I posted on Gary's blog in answer to his friend's posting.
Agree with me on the name thing? or just when it's convenient?
Post on here and I want to see a name. rarely will I let an anonymous posting fly.
Giving yourself a false name still makes you anonymous.
The only reason they use anonymous names is because what they say is so full of lies, that they are afraid to be taken to court, as well they should be.
Stand up and say what you want, just make sure it's the truth. Or sit down and keep your mouth shut.

1 comment:

  1. I can not speak for Eduardo. I can say to Eduardo and all the other anonymous writters that you would be better off to sign you work with your name and own the piece.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to say what you want, just try to be civil and sign your name. Say it, claim it, or I may delete it.