Sunday, May 18, 2014

Lies, half truths and Olga

Lie: I went to the UCO Reporter office and said he should have died in the war.  The fact is, I went to the Reporter to have an article printed about a pending law changing the amount of pharmacy technicians from three to six. – A law detrimental to seniors because it would take time away from the pharmacist to fill prescriptions. While I was discussing this with a staff worker, Bob interfered. I told him to butt out. During the altercation, he said," maybe you think I should have died in the war. I replied, “Maybe you should have," which is not the same as me taking the initiative and telling him he should have died in the war. – I simply repeated what he suggested. He is aware that I was a serious protester during the Vietnam War. Does it make sense that as a war protester, I would want him dead?

Truth
Olga came in trying to get her article published, an article about increasing pharmacy techs from three to six per pharmacist. That part was true. I asked her if she had any medical background, she said no. I then told her that I did. As a Hospital Corpsman in the Navy and that we've had as many as ten techs per pharmacist with no problems, so how is that detrimental to the care of patients? If anything, it would bring the costs down for the pharmacy and they may just pass the savings on to the customers, but she told me to butt out (that part again was true). She lost her temper, called me all sorts of names that made this sailor blush and any other would have too, and stated "YOU SHOULD'VE DIED IN THE WAR!" Direct quote. There were many witnesses there, and ALL heard her rantings. Lanny, the staff member she was talking to, was a little upset with me for commenting on her article, but heard every word. No where did I suggest that maybe she wanted me dead in the war, that was all from the so-called peace loving protester. What a joke.

Lie: "He says, I have no class and suggested that I attend charm school. He even offered to pay.
Me?  Charm school? Now that’s funny."

Truth:Yes, I said she has no class and did suggest she attend charm school. That is true, however I offered to contribute to her going, not pay for it. Big difference.

Lie: "Furthermore, to set the record straight, we are NOT suing ourselves; we are suing David Israel and UCO. Will our insurance premiums go up? If your condo is destroyed in a hurricane, are you going to pay for the damages or will you have your insurance company pay?  David Israel and UCO have damaged our roads, and it will be up to our insurance company to pay."  

Truth:If you sue UCO and it's officers, YOU ARE suing yourself. WE ARE UCO. We all are. David Israel and UCO did not damage the roads... The delegate assembly, sorry to say made the call not to pay the extra it would have cost to grind down the roads so the cracks would not come back. Went the cheaper way and now we have cracks. Notice in the last sentence of that particular comment, "it will be up to our insurance company to pay."
Let me ask, have you ever noticed that when you have a car accident, shortly after, your insurance rates go up? What will happen if this stupid lawsuit happens to succeed? First, the lawyers will get their cut, usually a third... that's a lot of money. How is a third of five million blown away helping us? That is one million, six hundred and fifty thousand dollars kissed good-bye! That would leave three million, three hundred and fifty thousand left. If the roads get re-done the right way, what is left? Nothing! In fact it would most likely cost us even more, so where is the benefit? AND on top of that, the insurance rate would rise. No benefit. Except to the lawyer that will get his Bentley paid off.
Olga, learn to read about what you speak of before opening your mouth. 
Ya'll have a nice day now.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I was the staff member Olga was talking to. Her article, in favor of NOT enacting a law to change the ratio of technicians to pharmacists from 3:1 to 6:1 , was (refreshingly to me) NOT an article in any way critical of the Village. I thought it was a good article to get readers thinking. Let THEM decide whether they thought the proposed law was a good one or not--not we at the Reporter decide before the article was even published! Olga was explaining it to me, and my desk was right next to yours, Bob. You heard what she was saying, and (it seemed to me) you rather rudely barged into the conversation to make your point, based on your Navy experience, that a 6 to 1 ratio WAS workable, and that therefore the article's criticism was unwarranted. The back-and-forth between you and Olga got heated and rapidly escalated. Who "threw the first punch" (swore or vehemently insulted the other), I don't recall. It is a blur to me now. I don't remember exact words spoken, who said what first and all that. If you were to ask me who was to blame, I would say both of you. Why don't you both shake it off and let bygones be bygones as far as this issue is concerned? Olga had a broken wrist in a cast when she came in, and I felt sorry for her. Think of it as maybe having saved you from getting a black eye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is welcome to try, if she is man enough, or thinks she is. LOL! As for the issue, it won't disappear until an apology is made. Now she needs to issue two. Her comments were as much a spit in the face as the ones given to Viet Nam Vets returning home. Unforgivable. She ranks right up there with Hanoi Jane in my book. Lanny, as far as you not remembering the exact words, well, that's okay, there were plenty of other people there that heard it. along with the f-bombs and other things. Much as she did with Joy more recently. And she has the nerve to walk around proudly that she said those vial things to Joy. Olga, do yourself and everyone else a favor and just stay away from the Reporter. Nothing you have to say matters anymore. You are a vial bigot, and your writing proves it. Crawl back into the hole you slithered out of until you can grow a conscience, or at least something resembling a normal functioning brain.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to say what you want, just try to be civil and sign your name. Say it, claim it, or I may delete it.