Friday, December 5, 2014

Just give me my refund.

What a disappointment.
Disruptive idiots, delegates that haven't a clue, downright STUPID arguments over the silliest of things.
ASSEMBLY
First let me say that the seats in the auditorium are not reserved, they do not have anyone's name on them, with the possible exception of the the seats on the stage... To see a stupid argument over a seat was downright silly. Yes, you know who you are. To think that just because you sit in a particular seat most of the year, and then try to demand that someone else move... wow. Are we privileged or what? NEWSFLASH...you are not.

BUDGET
Ed Grossman volunteers to go over the books at UCO at no cost... All for it. That probably surprised a few, but what the hell, why not? It MAY just shut him up, or it may actually bring to light something that needs to come out. Enough with the innuendo and false accusations. He put his money where his mouth is, and as much as I do not care for the man personally, let's see if he actually does it. Mr Treasurer, the ball is in your court.  

WIFI
Taking the money from WIFI and putting anywhere but wifi (without an emergency, i.e. Hurricane) is in my opinion downright stupid. That money was collected for a specific purpose and if it is not going to be used FOR that purpose, then I demand a refund.
The people against having WiFi are probably the same people that were against having cable TV, and probably thought television was a passing fad. Maybe they should bring back the 'ol Vic or surrey and put up an old livery stable. Geez people, Get out of the stone age! The world isn't flat anymore...
Or didn't you get the news?

During the officers meeting,  people were complaining that the President wanted PBSO presence to maintain some order and it voted down. Seems people think that the opposition will behave since two were removed by delegate vote last month. They don't want PBSO there, and Now we see why. If PBSO is there, they behave, just to "Prove" that order did not need to be maintained, but when the cats away...

Since Security apparently can not touch a person, then I suggest the security orders be redefined to include the capability to restrain/detain until local enforcement arrives.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Bob,
    I suspect that Ed hardly qualifies as an unbiased auditor in this case, and given his track record of disruption and panic mongering over money; he would hardly be the accountant of choice to do an audit of UCO books.

    UCO is audited yearly, and has been for many years, accusations of fraud are absurd. If they really believe what they are accusing us of, they must bring the "evidence" to the PBSO and State Attorney.

    Dave Israel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bob,
    Glad to see your blog is up and running again.

    I misunderstood your comment on Dave Israel's blog: "Money was voted on and collected to fund WiFi and is now to be turned over to the general reserves. I feel now that they were collected under false pretenses and should be refunded WITH INTEREST."

    I thought you meant that AT THE TIME THE MONEY WAS COLLECTED, it was collected in a shady way. Reading your own blog, however, I see you mean that the blame lay with the motion, which carried, to transfer the money to the general reserves. It did not honor what was previously "promised" to the people. I think you have a point.

    Passing over that objection, however, I have a further question: How, if monies in the reserves that are not allocated for something are subject to taxation (as one speaker pointed out), do we avoid the taxation trap? Wouldn't the former Wi-Fi monies have to be reallocated toward something else, and if so, what?

    I was for having PBSO presence at the delegates meeting, but I am not sure if it would have helped. It's not as though things had got to the point with one or two people that Dave was trying to have them ejected from the meeting, and the police could have enforced this. Instead, there was general disorder. How do you see two policemen having quelled that disorder?

    I agree with Dave that Ed Grossman is not the person to be auditing the books, and I am not sure anyone is needed at this point. Howard O'Brien is new (to us). Let's give the man a chance, bearing in mind he was thrown into the middle of quite a fray, which he cannot be unaware of. And the books will be audited soon anyway when the annual audit takes place, won't they?

    When they are audited, the audit is done using the more accurate accrual method of accounting, Howard said (agreeing with Ed G that the accrual method was more accurate than the cash method). How MUCH of a difference this will make, I do not know.

    Just as UCO has (for 40 years, Howard said) used the cash method of accounting—except for in the audits—so our two most recent condo association management companies have used the cash method. I remember wishing they had used the accrual method, because I felt the results showing how we stood financially weren't as accurate as I'd have liked. But again, HOW MUCH difference it would have made, I don't know. I was able to roughly calculate it myself, and I don't think it came to that much.

    Moreover: (1) I don't know how much more work goes into producing an accrual report; and (2) I don't know whether an accrual report would be as easily understood by the layperson. I'm not suggesting either would be an impediment--I just don't know.

    Finally, Bob, how do we get to "redefine the security orders"? There are security companies (Wackenhut is one, I believe) that have armed guards, but how would this help us? No security person is going to even pull a gun on someone in a crowded auditorium. Plus, after lengthy, thorough negotiations we have just engaged a new security company, Kent!


    ReplyDelete
  3. Lanny, I have absolutely no doubt in Howard's capabilities.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to say what you want, just try to be civil and sign your name. Say it, claim it, or I may delete it.